Brandie Mathison-Klein, CEO Mathison-Klein Group
We’ve got some really fun tips today for great holiday experiences that you can have with your family this year. There are so many different stresses during the holiday season that we can forget about what this season is really about. It’s about the joy you experience with family and friends, not about the gifts and the food. Here are a few priceless experiences you can have in the local area this year:
1. Visit the life-sized gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. This is a free attraction and is right next door to Disney World. It’s one of the fondest memories I have with my children. It’s absolutely amazing and smells delicious. There’s also a gingerbread house on the Disney World boardwalk.
2. Have a cookie-baking exchange. This is where you get a few of your friends together, bake some cookies, then exchange them to share all of your delicious recipes. It’s a great way to connect with friends during the holidays.
3. Have a night for games and/or movies. Make it a fun night for you and your family. Watch some Christmas movies and play some fun board or card games.
4. Have a gingerbread house-making contest. This year, my family will be having our 10th annual gingerbread contest. It’s a great way to be creative and just have fun with the family.
5. Drive around and look at Christmas lights. Some of the fantastic areas that you might want to check out include Celebration and St. Augustine.
6. Check out some escape rooms. There are so many of them here in Orlando, and they’re a great idea for getting out and doing something with your extended family that’s in town.
7. Perform random acts of kindness. I know this is a really popular time of year for people to give back to charities. But maybe if you’re out and about for dinner, offer to buy someone’s meal. Get your family involved too. It’s amazing what random acts of kindness for other people can do for your heart.
8. Put a slideshow together of your family’s memories this year.
I hope these tips are helpful for you in taking some time to enjoy the holiday season with your family. If you have any questions for me or need anything else, don’t hesitate to reach out and give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.